For over 30 years, Wenco International Mining Systems has worked with mining companies to extract unrealized value. Under this mission, Wenco has developed an integrated suite of solutions to support the digital transformation of the mining industry. Fleet management, asset health, data analytics, and other technologies join together in the spirit of open interoperability to raise mine productivity and efficiency, lower routine costs, and establish a safe and smooth mining operation.
We are building a new team to focus on Wenco’s next-generation Machine Guidance Systems and are currently looking for a full-time Semi-Senior SW Engineer with skills in the development, deployment and monitoring of highly available, highly robust services.
They will deliver the best possible applications and supporting tooling, and enable Wenco users access to the wider ecosystem. Our goal is to enable mission-critical applications to be deployed and operated safely, securely and efficiently on large-scale estates. As part of the Machine Guidance team, you will work on the development of core components, and associated development and operations tooling. You will be participating in technical reviews and also work with other teams to align architectural decisions and improve the overall performance and experience of our products. As a member of the team, your work will have an impact on every aspect of the Machine Guidance ecosystem.
· Keep up to date with industry trends and apply to projects as appropriate.
· Support technical services and operations teams with investigation and reproduction of customer issues.
Product development support
· Gain a working understanding Company business and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for customers.
· Collaborate with teams across the Company to achieve goals.
· 4+ years of software development experience with backend services.
· 4+ years hands-on experience in any Object-Oriented language such as C/C++ and C#.
· Demonstrated drive for continual learning.
· Experience across the entire development lifecycle from concept to development, unit testing, automated functional testing.
· Excellent analytical skills with systematic and structured approach to software design
· Version Control with Git
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering OR equivalent years of work experience.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills in English with excellent interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
· Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
· Experience with or exposure to Agile and interactive development processes.
· Experience with GPS and/or CAN/J1939.
· Cloud and services experience, with any of the mayor cloud vendors (Azure / GCP / AWS) is highly desirable.
· Experience with Unit Testing
Locally remote only
Position is 100% remote, but candidates must reside in Chile.