Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a full-time backend engineer. Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience building event driven micro-services or service oriented architectures and has built most facets, if not all, in a "twelve-factor" app. Preference is for real experience (2+ years) in our primary language of Golang, but other languages are considered when able to quickly pick up new technologies. Additional experience in integrating with 3rd party systems, event-driven architecture, databases, and cloud services (AWS, GCP, etc) are important.
You will directly influence how and what to build, and must be comfortable collaborating on the architecture, code, product, etc as we have a strong culture of devops as well as being technically curious, thoughtful and purposeful in what we build. We value deploying frequently with well-written, maintainable, instrumented and tested code to a kubernetes cluster.
- Develop new products and features in a small team
- Collaboration with the team to solve technical problems and help shape the product direction
- Provide technical input and knowledge to the planning, design, and requirements process for new products and features
- Review other software engineers' code for correctness, style, and completeness
- Support your team's production software by responding to an occasional alert or bug report
- Write integration tests and work with our product team to ensure the operation and correctness of new features