We are looking for someone who’s passionate about nature, environmental protection and technology, with a track record and experience in remote sensing.
You will contribute to our mission to bridge organisations that actively conserve biodiversity with people who want to invest in nature.
As part of our mission, we will launch a nanosatellite with a hyperspectral sensor in 2024 with the aim, amongst others, to conduct land cover classifications, to identify single trees of certain species, distinguish plantations from native forest, and to monitor wetlands, forest fires, and extend of kelp forests in the sea.
The successful candidate will become an integral part of Lemu´s Earth Science Team. You will support the biological mission of the satellite and the data acquisition and analysis. Additionally, you will investigate innovative and emerging data analysis strategies and contribute to manuscript writing.
If you have a related skillset and background and are interested in an exciting and challenging career in our diverse team, we invite you to apply for this position 🌳
- Support the application of scientific methods for data analysis for our biological missions, including land cover classification, tree identification and determination of extend and quality of wetlands
- Support the determination of technical requirements for the satellite including orbit, detection angle and overfly frequency
- Monitor quality of remote sensing data collection to determine if procedural changes are necessary
- Organise and conduct occasional fieldwork for ground truthing in Chile.
- Liaise with our experts from the R&D team who supervise the operation of the satellite and data collection
- Maintains regular communication with team members and Lemu as a whole
- Contribute to the writing of data collection results.