Senior Full-Stack Engineer in Monarch Money
Closed job - No longer receiving applicants
We are a seed-stage, funded, Silicon Valley-based startup with a mission of helping people manage their personal finances. Most people want to make smart financial decisions without feeling stressed out and overwhelmed.
Our founders have built and sold companies to Groupon, Cisco, and Quora, and engineers on our team have worked at Google, Airbnb, Facebook and Cruise.
- As one of our first full-stack engineers, you will help us build and scale a world-class, production-ready consumer application.
- You will be more than just a software craftsperson; you will also be a thought partner in building a product, company, and culture we are proud of.
- You will have significant input into the processes, rituals, and tools we use in order to create a high performing engineering team.
Qualifications and requirements
- You have 3+ years of experience in full-stack development with some combination of Python, Django, React, React Native, iOS, and Android development.
- You consider yourself a "product-centric" engineer and take pride in building something people love. You are opinionated about the user experience.
- You enjoy and strive when given autonomy and independence, and are comfortable with ambiguity and simplifying complex problems.
- You have superb written and verbal communication skills.
- You are familiar with best practices in engineering, architecture, security, and design for both web and mobile apps, and can help build scalable fault-tolerant products.
- You have (or want) experience with early-stage company best practices including rapid iteration with robust metrics and qualitative user feedback.
- Nice to have: Experience building APIs with Django Rest Framework
- Nice to have: Experience working in a financial technology company (accounting, investing, banking, etc)
- Nice to have: Experience working in a remote-first culture
- Django (Python)
- React and React Native (Typescript)
- GraphQL (Apollo)
- PostgreSQL, Redis
We are committed to providing top-of-market compensation, including pay and benefits. We have a flexible work policy
Fully remote You can work from anywhere in the world.
Flexible hours Flexible schedule and freedom for attending family needs or personal errands.
Health coverage Monarch Money pays or copays health insurance for employees.
Computer provided Monarch Money provides a computer for your work.
Vacation over legal Monarch Money gives you paid vacations over the legal minimum.
Remote work policy
Candidates can reside anywhere in the world.